Discover test-taking tips, test-prep strategies, how to increase motivation, and more!
Chase DiMarco finishes up this 7-part mini-series with test-taking tips, test-prep strategies, how to increase motivation, and much more. We all struggle with these topics at some point in our academic careers. However, knowing how to notice when things are going astray and how to correct your actions is a skill we were often never taught. Keep motivated, organized, and keep self-assessing and you WILL reach your goals!
Study Buddies & How to Select the Right One for You
Making Learning more Durable and Finding Personal Relevance
Developing Practical Knowledge & Improving Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation for Medical Students
Failing Upwards: How a Supportive Environment Encourages Positive Mistakes
Proper exam materials and techniques
Test-prep Skills, Materials, Organization, & Pitfalls
Using Analysis of Board Exams to Qualify Our Testing Strategies
For a complete list of episodes, visit our Podcast page. The interviews mentioned in this episode include:
1. Flashcards and Study Hacks with Medical School 2.0 author Dr. David Larson
3. Advanced Memory Techniques with Mullen Memory
8. Memory and Mental Health with the Magnetic Memory Method’s Dr. Anthony Metivier
11. Durable Learning Strategies with the Learning Geek’s Jake Gittleson
16. Efficient Learning Strategies from Dr. Wendell Cole of The Medical School Survival Kit and Convos with Cole
18. Test Taking Skills and Working Memory Limitations with STATmed founder Ryan Orwig Part 1
19. Memory Palaces, Spaced Repetition, and Yoda from Ryan Orwig of STATmed Learning Part 2
21. Deliberate Practice for Medical Students with Dr Anders Ericsson- Part 1
22. Deliberate Practice: Self-Assessment and Finding a Mentor in Medical Education – Dr Anders Ericsson Part 2
26. School Success and Productivity with Memory Athlete Brad Zupp
29. How “Happy Chemicals” Can Increase Memory, Improve Studying, and Live Better with Dr. Loretta Breuning of the Inner Mammal Institute
31. WOOP and Evidence-Based Study Techniques with Dr. Daniel Saddawi-Konefka
37. Using Design Thinking and Challenge-based Learning with the Center for Learning and Teaching Director Dr. Hoda Mostafa
If you would like to learn more about these topics, check out Read This Before Medical School or sign up for a Consultation/Tutoring session with Chase DiMarco!
Like our sister organization, FindARotation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Save FindARotation.com to your browser and check back every few weeks for the platform launch!